Anacostia High School/Connected Schools
Anacostia High School is a District of Columbia Public School (DCPS), which means it is a full-service Community School. Learn more about the Connected Schools model at Anacostia here. The DCPS Connected Schools website is also a great source of information. Contact Mrs. Rashida Young (Connected Schools Manager) for more information at [email protected].
At Anacostia HS, we strategically develop community partners in five areas to better meet the needs of our students, families, staff and community:
- Reach, Inc.
- Raising a Village
- Washington Performing Arts
- Words, Beats and Life
Health, Wellness & Wrap-Around Services:
- Access Youth
- Latin American Youth Center (LAYC)
- Homeless Liaison
- Medstar School-Based Health Clinic
- School Social Workers/Wendt Center
Mentoring & Community Service:
- Clean Water Fund/APACC – Events for families in Anacostia Park; Advocacy around better parks and outdoor spaces; Planning for a wading beach in the Anacostia River
- Global Kids – Offers college support and after school programs at Anacostia HS from 3:00pm until 6:00pm, Mondays through Thursdays; Educate, activate and inspire youth from underserved communities to take action on critical issues facing our world; 4-day a week schedule includes:2x Leadership (explores global/local issues, takes action), 1x Creative Expression (this past year included Modeling), 1x Radio Rookies (social justice podcasting); Provide homework help, support with college applications (including college tours) and getting connected to international travel opportunities.
- Office of Neighborhood Safety & Engagement (ONSE) Leadership Academy (OLA) – Offers School-based program with six full time Coordinators; Working with 40 students receiving additional supports due to attendance, behavior and academic progress challenges; Provides attendance monitoring and behavioral supports and interventions, as well as Sage Passage support during morning travel and afternoon dismissal.
- Martha’s Table
Post-Secondary College & Career Preparation:
- College Track